Anyone else find that the Submit/Send button in Survey123 is constantly hidden by keyboard?

Jump to solution
12-09-2019 02:10 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

My organisation is using all iOS devices, and I am constantly being asked by users "why does the submit button constantly get hidden by the keyboard? Can you fix it?".

See in the below video, the submit button (entire footer bar) is hidden by the keyboard, the only way to make it visible is to click the hamburger button and then click out of it, and it then becomes visible again.

Basically is everyone else having this problem? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben and Simon,

This behaviour is actually controlled by iOS itself, depending on where they input focus is in the app at the time the keyboard needs to be displayed. The OS will decide if the keyboard should cover the bottom of the app, move the app focus up (scroll up) or place the keyboard under the app by changing the app window size. The closer the input focus is to top of the app, the keyboard will cover the bottom of the app, the closer the focus is to the bottom, the system will change the app window size. You can test this out by using a simple text input field and clicking into it in different positions in the app window, top/middle/bottom of visible window.

Note that on iOS you can also swipe the keyboard away, by swiping down from above the keyboard and over the keyboard in a downwards motion. You do not need to press the hamburger menu. This is documented here in a quick FAQ: Frequently asked questions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SimonChinnock
New Contributor

I have experienced the same issue. But looking in Survey123 this morning it seems to be fixed, with the submit tick now located on top of the keyboard......

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ben and Simon,

This behaviour is actually controlled by iOS itself, depending on where they input focus is in the app at the time the keyboard needs to be displayed. The OS will decide if the keyboard should cover the bottom of the app, move the app focus up (scroll up) or place the keyboard under the app by changing the app window size. The closer the input focus is to top of the app, the keyboard will cover the bottom of the app, the closer the focus is to the bottom, the system will change the app window size. You can test this out by using a simple text input field and clicking into it in different positions in the app window, top/middle/bottom of visible window.

Note that on iOS you can also swipe the keyboard away, by swiping down from above the keyboard and over the keyboard in a downwards motion. You do not need to press the hamburger menu. This is documented here in a quick FAQ: Frequently asked questions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.

SimonChinnock
New Contributor

Thanks Phil, its easy once you know how!

BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Such a simple fix I had no idea about! Thanks for the heads up, we are ecstatic here at the office! Made my day.

RandyBonds_Jr_
Occasional Contributor

This is a pretty awful solution. lt seems you should be able to adjust to allow the keyboard to be hidden. It's not a hard bit of programming to allow for this... it's all over stack overflow and such sites. Can we look at an actual solution?

0 Kudos