Image Field Giving "Required" Error Message When Photo is Attached

12-09-2019 08:44 AM
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

Why is my image field giving the "This field is required" error message (which is preventing me from submitting the survey), even though I have attached a photo? 

The issue is occurring for the field on row 79 of the attached spreadsheet. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Becky

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky,

What version of survey123 field app did you use? Tested with 3.8 beta seems to be no issue with that image field.

Could you provide more details of your mobile type and the version of the field app you are having issue with?

0 Kudos
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

We are actually experiencing this issue on the web survey accessed via survey123.arcgis.com on a computer. 

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky,

When I tried to open the web form, I received the initializing form error with the xls form you provided. Just want to check with you if you have received this on the web form? Any nested repeat in the survey? Any Javascript pulldata function being used for your survey?

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky,

My initializing form error might be that the associated .csv file is missing. We actually have one issue with the image field on web form. When you capture the image from webcam, it does not fullfill the required validation. So just want to check with you if you used the webcam to capture the image and upload it on the web form? If yes, it's still an valid issue we are working on. 

0 Kudos
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

No nested repeats. I have not received initializing form error on the web form. Pull data is being used for several fields but has been functioning normally. 

We do not use the webcam, we upload .jpeg files from the computer. 

Thanks for working on this with me,

Becky

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky,

Could you try to go to our beta version of survey123 website and test to see if the issue still persisted?

http://survey123beta.arcgis.com

Another way to try is go to Settings>Version and choose "Always use the latest version." option to see if the issue can be repro?

0 Kudos
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

I tested it on the beta site and the error message still came up. 

0 Kudos
BeckyN
by
New Contributor

I also tried the latest version and still experienced the error.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Becky,

I removed the fields related to the csv file and still couldn't repro the issue. Could you send me the associated csv file so that I can have the same survey as yours to try reproducing the issue here?

0 Kudos