Save As Story maps

Jump to solution
12-05-2019 04:51 AM
LMBaptista
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone.

There are anyway to copy a story map (some kind of "Save As...") so I can save different moments of the evolution of my storymap?

This way I can create a common beggining and then replicate it for different stories with different contexts.

Any solution is acceptable. If there are any easy way to do that, maybe export it and import it with a different name (I think they are stored in github, right?)

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Luís

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HayleyHume-Merry
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Online Assistant might be what you are looking for?

Either using their copy content feature or viewing/copying the JSON content if it's just the formatting/text etc that you are after.

I often use this to copy a story map and then edit the JSON to update map queries, text values or map extents.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Luis -- Thanks for your feedback about StoryMaps. That's not possible right now, but we're working on the ability to create a copy of a story created with ArcGIS StoryMaps and plan to release this feature in Q1 of 2020.

EDIT: I noticed your question was posted in our GeoNet space about classic stories. Please be aware that the forthcoming capability to copy a story will only be available for the new ArcGIS StoryMaps. It won't be available for classic stories. For classic stories you can use the ArcGIS Online Assistant tool to create a copy, but there are some limitations. See this article for details.

https://medium.com/@OwenGeo/how-do-i-copy-a-story-map-from-one-organization-or-portal-to-another-440... 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Has this functionality been added? I have ArcGIS Online, and I don't see it. 

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@RandyMcGregor3 - Yes, the ability to duplicate a story was added to ArcGIS StoryMaps back in April 2020. You can duplicate a story (or collection or theme) in the builder from the ... menu at the top right, or from the card view on your My Projects page.

For more information see the FAQ here.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.27.43 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 9.30.16 AM.jpg

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks! That did it.

0 Kudos
HayleyHume-Merry
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Online Assistant might be what you are looking for?

Either using their copy content feature or viewing/copying the JSON content if it's just the formatting/text etc that you are after.

I often use this to copy a story map and then edit the JSON to update map queries, text values or map extents.