Address Locators help

12-04-2019 01:26 PM
KyleGilmer
New Contributor

I need help on creating/properties of address locators.

I want to use my own address locators, not the one served through ArcGIS Online (as this consumes credits).

I have successfully created my own address locators, and a composite of many address locators. But before I geocode I have to change certain items in my table, for example: In my table it has an apartment number as "#" or "APT" or "APT #", but the shapefile I used to create the address locator does NOT contain "#", "APT", or "APT #"...it contains "STE" for any and all address units.

I want to be able to use the shapefile how it is (with the "STE" units) and my table how it is (with the "#", "APT", "APT #").

Does anyone know a way for it to do this? I already tried messing with the address locator settings on spelling check, etc. I would hope there is a way to say "#", "APT", "APT #" = "STE". I can't find anything anywhere! I believe I saw somewhere once that you can relate a lookup table to say "#", "APT", "APT #" = "STE".

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Kyle:

Are you using ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro? Which version? Will the locator be used in a web app?

What is happening with the locator that you have already created?

-Shana

0 Kudos