ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1: intermittent Error Code 499, Token required error

12-05-2019 03:31 AM
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

From time to time, a public webapp is prompting for password though all the ressources are shared publicly.

Network tab shows a "499 error, Token required", but after a refresh everything works fine and no login popup is displayed.

The webapp consumes both hosted data (from a hosted ArcGIS Server) and non-hosted data (from a federated ArcGIS Server) but the issue seems to occur only on non-hosted data that is to say data coming from the federated ArcGIS Server.

Having a look at the log from this ArcGIS Server, I have the following error:

Failed to return the service configuration 'MyFolder/MyService.MapServer'. Could not connect to the ArcGIS component at URL 'https://portalforarcgishost.company.com:7443/arcgis/sharing/rest/content/items/794480bd54ds116beefd6...'. The ArcGIS component on that machine may not be running or the machine may not be reachable at this time.Error: Connect to portalforarcgishost.company.com:7443 [portalforarcgishost.company.com/100.200.300.400] failed: connect timed out

This service is configured with a referenced file geodatabase located on a volume attached to the VM so data are rather "local" so I am surprised by this timeout.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WillBooth1
New Contributor III

Hi Nicolas,

From the error it looks like your ArcGIS Server is looking for some information from the Portal it is federated with (perhaps related to the security related to that service which will be why it does not know it is public and so returns error 499 as it is expecting some user credentials). Having waited too long for Portal to reply it has given up.  Is your Portal too busy to respond, or the network link between Server and Portal overloaded?

Cheers

Will

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for your reply !

I will investigate why Portal hangs to reply. It is weird because the server is far from being overloaded and network is fine.

In the meantime, a more JS API question : how do I prevent the identity pop up from showing up in this case ? I would rather like JS API to ignore this error.

Thanks,

Nicolas

0 Kudos