Error when opening Insights Page linked on a Portal Site

Jump to solution
12-04-2019 07:19 AM
RailMapsPublisher
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have shared a few Insights pages and linked them on a site on our Portal, but sometimes the pages cannot be opened and the error from the attached screenshot is shown.

The URL is in the following form: portal/apps/insights/#/view/<ID of the Page>

We are using Insights for ArcGIS 3.1.0 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1. 

This behavior is totally random and not traceable: 

- sometimes the page is opened, sometimes - not, sometimes after 2-3 clicks on the link it functions again. 

- sometimes one page is working and the link of another one (from the same data source) is not working.

- we also tested it with different users -  at the same time some users can see the page and others - not (the users had the same role and access rights).

- the behaviour is random in different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE) and the worst in IE.

- when I open a shared page directly from the element on the portal, it is always working.

Is this a known issue or is there another link form in which we should share an Insights page? 

What could be the reason for that?

Thank you for the help in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello RailMaps,

If this is still a problem, I would strongly urge you to upgrade to a newer version of ArcGIS Insights.  If you are still on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, then you can upgrade to ArcGIS Insights 3.4 - I believe your overall experience will be greatly improved.

Compatibility with ArcGIS Enterprise—Insights admin | Documentation 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hello RailMaps,

If this is still a problem, I would strongly urge you to upgrade to a newer version of ArcGIS Insights.  If you are still on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1, then you can upgrade to ArcGIS Insights 3.4 - I believe your overall experience will be greatly improved.

Compatibility with ArcGIS Enterprise—Insights admin | Documentation 

0 Kudos