Hi my name is Tim Reissen

12-02-2019 07:42 PM
AGMAD
by
New Contributor III

My name is Tim and I work for the Weber County Mosquito Abatement District in Utah. I have been working there for 2 years now, started out as a regular field working and then decided to learn about GIS. Once I got the hang of it they decided to promote me to the GIS manager for the district. I'm still pretty new to GIS, but am learning quick. 

The biggest success I had this year is creating all the web maps we needed to track pesticide treatments. 

I love creating web maps for collector and I'd say that is my strong point. For mosquito control I have been using both arcmap and arc pro, arc map mostly in conjunction with juniper systems archer field computers. And arcpro to create web maps and story maps for presentations.

What I'm most interested in learning is how to utilize arcade, python and other coding languages to improve how we collect data.

This forum has been a godsend for me in learning the skills I needed to succeed this past year. Thanks to all of you!

Tags (1)
1 Reply
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Tim, Welcome to GeoNet! I am happy to hear how useful GeoNet has been to you! Sounds like some fun stuff you are working on. IF you haven't already found these places, they would be a great place to poke around for information and solutions. Best of luck! 

Python

ArcGIS API for Python

ArcGIS Pro

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2019/12/13/animate-gtfs-or-static...

Cheers,

Michelle

GeoNet Community Manager

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs