FeatureClassToGeodatabase_Conversion - Skip Insufficient Permissions

12-03-2019 11:26 AM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

I need to copy over feature classes from another entities SDE.  The user account I am using is allowed to see feature classes, but not the related tables.  Therefore most methods are out for copying data.  

What I am doing is writing a script to copy over the data into a file geodatabase.  What i am running into is:

"WARNING: Failed to convert:  {insert feature class here} ERROR 999999: Error executing function. Insufficient permissions {insert feature class's related table(s)}.

WARNING: Failed to convert: Database Connections\Utilities.sde\Utilities.GIS.ElectricUtility\Utilities.GIS.Switchgear. ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Insufficient permissions [Insufficient permissions[Utilities.GIS.UndergroundDistributionInspection]]
Failed to execute (CopyFeatures).

It fails then to bring over that feature class with a related table into the file geodatabase.  Is there a way around the permissions issue?

import arcpy

try:
    arcpy.env.workspace = r"Database Connections\Utilities.sde\Utilities.GIS.ElectricUtility"
    muE = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses(feature_type='point')
    print(muE)

for muEFS in arcpy.ListFeatureClasses(feature_type='point'):
        arcpy.FeatureClassToGeodatabase_conversion(muEFS, r"Z:\MXDs\Services\Utilities_EF.gdb")

except:
    pass
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidBuehler

I should also add - "Besides having them change the permissions to the tables."

0 Kudos
DavidBuehler

Update:  arcpy.FeatureClassToGeodatabase does not work either, used as a code snippet direct from ArcGIS Desktop.  However, using an import multiple feature class works by right clicking on the file geodatabase.  Riddle me that one, Batman?

0 Kudos