Color animated shapefile (Values change in Time, Arcmap)

12-01-2019 11:36 PM
AndreaUrushima
New Contributor

I need to create one only shapefile with associated attribute values which define the color of the fill and change over time. I have a CSV table with dates and values (these are Chlorophyll monthly mean values). I want to associate a color to each Chlo value and show how the bay water quality changes every month by having the color of the shp change automatically with time slider.

I created the bay shapefile with a circle buffer based on the XY coordinates of the circle center. To the attribute table of the circle I added the fields of date and values, and edited the table by copy-paste of values from a CSV table. I exported the layer as an independent data frame and added to a new project. In the new project, the shape position and attribute table appear well. I define categories to the symbology, with unique values associated to colors. Time is enabled, and when I run the time slider, the new lines of the table (with varied Chlo values info) they are successively added, but the color will not change. The color remains always the one associated to the first value of the table. It is as if the time slider cannot put off that first color and that first color hides all the other colors below.

When I manually delete the first row of the table, a different color associated to a different Chlo value will beautifully appear, but the time slider is not doing that automatically.

What should I do? I wonder if the dataframe contains some hidden wrong info/built structure. In this case, I guess I should rather start the entire process from scratch.

Please let me know how to do that! Thanks a lot in advance, Andrea

0 Kudos
0 Replies