Cannot open GeoEvent Manager (cannot read property 'owningSystemUrl' of null)

Jump to solution
11-26-2019 11:32 PM
IliaIvanov
New Contributor

Dear GeoNet Community, good day

We have a strange problem, 2 days passed, no any hint to solution yet.

The interesting thing is that this question have already been asked, but no answer was given (at least, if there is an answer, it isn't helpful in my case):

https://community.esri.com/thread/176861

We have installed GeoEvent Server following the Arcgis documentation. When we try to open GeoEvent Manager, we get the following:

Trying to see what's going on:

And truthfully, it seems to us, that the reason is in the last error ( owningSystemUrl ). And we have no idea how we can fix it. 

Will be appreciated for any help. Please, share your knowledge if you've had something like this or have any assumptions.

Kind regards,

Ilia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

My guess is that as a CLIENT, Geoevent's Java implementation doesn't trust the certificate provided by ArcGIS Server. Is this a multi-machine site?

If so, export the cert out from the machine A and import into machine B or install a CA signed certificate at the GIS tier on both machines.

Export the self-signed certificate, SelfSignedCertificate, from the ArcGIS Server (from the ArcGIS Enterprise) and import it into ArcGIS Server of the machine that has GeoEvent Server installed.

Admin page of ArcGIS Server on machine 1:
Home> machines> <Machine_1>> sslcertificates> selfsignedcertificate> export.

This exports a .cer file.

On the ArcGIS Server admin page of machine 2:
Home> machines> <Machine_2>> sslcertificates> importRootOrIntermediate

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

My guess is that as a CLIENT, Geoevent's Java implementation doesn't trust the certificate provided by ArcGIS Server. Is this a multi-machine site?

If so, export the cert out from the machine A and import into machine B or install a CA signed certificate at the GIS tier on both machines.

Export the self-signed certificate, SelfSignedCertificate, from the ArcGIS Server (from the ArcGIS Enterprise) and import it into ArcGIS Server of the machine that has GeoEvent Server installed.

Admin page of ArcGIS Server on machine 1:
Home> machines> <Machine_1>> sslcertificates> selfsignedcertificate> export.

This exports a .cer file.

On the ArcGIS Server admin page of machine 2:
Home> machines> <Machine_2>> sslcertificates> importRootOrIntermediate

0 Kudos
IliaIvanov
New Contributor

Dear Randall, sorry for late reply. By the moment I read your solution, the issue had been resolved. But I consider your solution as correct, because, despite the fact that issue was with single machine, the reason was exactly because of certificate. So, thank you very much, Randall. Appreciated your help.

Best wishes, 

Ilia

0 Kudos