AnsweredAssumed Answered

Use ArcGIS Online Print Service with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

Question asked by clinton.ballandis on Nov 26, 2019

Hi,

I'm working through implementing ESRI's ArcGIS security implementation guidelines for ArcGIS Enterprise .  

ArcGIS Enterprise implementation guidance—ArcGIS Trust Center | Documentation

I note that one of the recommendations is to use an ArcGIS Online print service instead of the ArcGIS Server print service for publicly facing applications.

I found the the following print service   

http://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%20Task

However, I as far as I'm aware I can't create and use custom Print Templates with this ArcGIS online print service. Therefore,  I cant use the ArcGIS online solution and need to use a print service from my ArcGIS server.

The documentation above suggests that if you want to use a custom print service on an ArcGIS server then the Server itself should be in the DMZ. My enterprise configuration has the ArcGIS Server that hosts the print service behind a corporate firewall with a webadaptor in the DMZ. If all traffic is being routed through the webadaptor is this still a security risk?

If not and ESRI are going to recommending using an ArcGIS Online Print service then you should be able to create custom print templates? 

Thanks

Clinton 

Outcomes