Image Server 10.5.1

11-27-2019 12:14 AM
RainRain1
New Contributor

Hello,

We have ArcGIS 10.5.1 Enterprise configured in Highly Available configuration with following:-

1 - NLB doing reverse proxy

2- Two Web Adaptors Servers with ( WA-Arcgis, WA-Server) on each

3- Two Portals

4- ArcGIS Server Site with two Servers. It also has Datastore installed hosting Relational and Tile Cache

Now we are trying to create a separate ArcGIS site for ImageHosting + Raster Analysis.

We are able to install ArcGIS Server, activate it using Image Server license, Federate with the Portal. All these steps works fine. But, when I try to add the function 'ImageHosting' or Add this site as Raster Analysis server through the Portal, it fails. I am attaching some screenshots to explain the error.

I could see some discussion about GeoEvent and I am getting the same errors. Error Assigning a GeoAnalytics Server in Portal 10.5.1 

Could someone explain is this bug fixed or is there any workaround to fix this issue? Appreciate if you could share this post in different groups so that we could get a faster response from the experts.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MoginrajMohandas
New Contributor III

Hi, 

This may be related to BUG-000113688 - Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 fails to set Raster Analytics server and returns the error 'Error while processing request. Internal error. JSON response not set.', if hosting server protocol has been updated to HTTPS . This was found in 10.6 and fixed in 10.7. It may also present itself in 10.5.1 possibly. A few quick checks should clarify if your issue is related to this BUG. 

1. Is your Hosting Server set to HTTPS only(as of now, or at some point was set to HTTPS only)?

2. Can you go to your Hosting server's administrative endpoint and check the following resource. https://<NLBMachine>/<yourcontext>/admin/security/config  and check the "serverRole" . If this is set to "FEDERATED_SERVER", we know this is the problem.

If it is indeed the case, would be best to tech support for a workaround(involves potential updates to files on disk).

RainRain1
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply.

I checked the configuration as per your message. Following is the findings:-

1. Currently it is set to HTTPS only. However, I had tried changing it to 'HTTP and HTTPs' without any luck

2. I checked both the hosting server as well as new Image server configured at following endpoints and they are set to "FEDERATED_SERVER" only (screenshots attached)

Endpoints: https://<NLBMachine>/server/admin/security/config

https://<NLBMachine>/images/admin/security/config

Since we have applications developed using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1, we won't be able to upgrade immediately. Please advice what is the way forward.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MoginrajMohandas
New Contributor III

This seems to be the same issue. At some point, an update to HTTPS Only was performed and that caused the Server role of the Hosting Server to be updated to FEDERATED_SERVER. There is an update to your configuration store required here. I would be more comfortable if you can contact tech support for this so they can walk you through it, and deal with any potential issues that happen. Are you able to do that?

RainRain1
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the response from ESRI distributor here is too pathetic. It will take ages if I have to get a solution from them and that is why I posted this question here after waiting for about one month from local distributor.

I would be grateful if you could help me in this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MoginrajMohandas
New Contributor III

Hi, were you able to get help on this from Tech Support or distributor?

0 Kudos