Stuck on "Story is initializing Thanks for waiting"

11-25-2019 01:20 PM
MackWood
New Contributor II

Hello, 

When trying to open this storymap (either with the long link or short link below) in Chrome I get the message "Story is initializing Thanks for waiting" with three scrolling bars, but no matter how long I wait nothing loads. When using IE it loads just fine. I just want to be sure others trying to access this map do not have the same issue.

I have cleared the browser cache and all cookies and such and still no luck.

http://alaska-dhss.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=0c844d89ebba428d94bbf552d6e7ea24 

http://arcg.is/1KTfay 

Thanks,

Mack

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Loads as expected for me after a few seconds. Do you notice any errors in the browser developer console?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MackWood
New Contributor II

Thank you! I don't know how to troubleshoot in the developer tools, but nothing is jumping out at me. I had a coworker on the same network try and got the same error that I did. Our administrator controls most of our Chrome settings, so it sounds like I will need to contact them.

0 Kudos
PatriciaBoras
New Contributor II

I have experienced the same problem. The following error message is found in the developer's panel 

Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience.

Is this the problem? If so, how do I fix it. The application works in the ArcGIS online version but when we query that app from our Portal, the problem occurs.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@PatriciaBoras - Since you have a portal on your own domain there are many security policies and settings that need to be set right for the apps to work. The best way to get help with this is to contact Esri Support. They are in the best position to assist you in troubleshooting applications running on your Enterprise portal. 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
PatriciaBoras
New Contributor II

Further, the app I am experiencing the problem with is an ESRI app (Analysis App Suite)

0 Kudos