Copy WMS from one ArcGIS Server to Another

Jump to solution
11-21-2019 07:25 PM
JosiahPoyitt
New Contributor III

I'm working on a project that utilises two ArcGIS Servers (ERP & WS) hosted on two seperate Windows Server machines. 

Due to an issue with the ERP machine, we were forced to host our ERP services on the WS server in order to make them available in the interim. We have resolved the issue with the machine, but now have to move the ERP services back to the ERP Server. 

To complicate matters, because the project is now approaching completion, I've lost my admin access to the WS Server so have to be able to explain any process to the ICT Department for them to execute.

Is there a simple way to copy the services between seperate servers and machines? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Are these Servers federated with Portal for ArcGIS or are they stand alone Servers?

If the former, you can utilize the ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant) and login with your Portal A, then attempt to copy content over to your Portal B. 

I also found this link here (How copy map service from one ArcGIS server to another ArcGIS server) which seems to have some varying opinions on whether or not this is possible!

Cheers,

Joe 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Are these Servers federated with Portal for ArcGIS or are they stand alone Servers?

If the former, you can utilize the ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant) and login with your Portal A, then attempt to copy content over to your Portal B. 

I also found this link here (How copy map service from one ArcGIS server to another ArcGIS server) which seems to have some varying opinions on whether or not this is possible!

Cheers,

Joe 

JosiahPoyitt
New Contributor III

Hi Joe,

The Servers are standalone in a disconnected environment (for security purposes).

I did have a look at the thread you have provided, but unfortunately the environment in which I am working does not allow for those processes. 

I will attempt a few more possible solutions before I settle on republishing services.

Thanks,

Jo

0 Kudos