Create an Enterprise Site from a Template?

Jump to solution
11-21-2019 10:34 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

A colleague created an Enterprise Site and my job is to create one for a different project that is formatted exactly the same. I tried to open his and do a "save as," and don't see that option, and I tried to create a new site and use a template, but I don't see an option for that either.

Is it possible to use a template to create an Enterprise Site?

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randy,

The ability to clone an Enterprise site will be available in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8, releasing in Q1 next year. That would give you the ability to create a site that can be used as a template, clone it, then modify/customize it for the next project. 

Hilary

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JoshHevenor1
New Contributor III

Have a  look at ESRI PowerShell DSC.  I don't know of a way to export/import an existing site, but it will allow you to make your future instances repeatable. 

GitHub - Esri/arcgis-powershell-dsc: This repository contains scripts, code and samples for automati... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but that's a little out of my league. I was thinking more along the lines of, "Create new site with template." or, "File->Save as."

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Randy,

The ability to clone an Enterprise site will be available in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8, releasing in Q1 next year. That would give you the ability to create a site that can be used as a template, clone it, then modify/customize it for the next project. 

Hilary

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. That will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! Here's a screenshot of the option that will be in 10.8 - similar to your idea above:

Clone site

NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User is there any way to do this in 10.7.1? Ie copying a folder on the Portal machine, or something like that?

0 Kudos