Portal Content

Jump to solution
11-20-2019 06:12 AM
AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to make the folders in my Portal unavailable to others? I have ArcGIS Enterprise10.7.1. There are few other administrators including me and I do not want other administrators to be able to see my folder contents.

Thank you GIS friends,

Abi  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Abi!

Unfortunately, the default administrator role is configured so that the user will have full view and control of any content in the Portal. If these users absolutely need administrative privileges, you may want to consider creating a custom role with the necessary admin privileges, but without the "View all" administrative privilege that allows them to see all items published to the Portal. That way, they will only see the content shared with them or to groups they belong to.

For more information about custom roles, see: User types, roles, and privileges—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Best,

Rachel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RachelSears
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Abi!

Unfortunately, the default administrator role is configured so that the user will have full view and control of any content in the Portal. If these users absolutely need administrative privileges, you may want to consider creating a custom role with the necessary admin privileges, but without the "View all" administrative privilege that allows them to see all items published to the Portal. That way, they will only see the content shared with them or to groups they belong to.

For more information about custom roles, see: User types, roles, and privileges—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Best,

Rachel

AbiDhakal
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you so much Rachel. It really helped.

Abi

0 Kudos