Re-download a survey while there are items in the outbox

Jump to solution
11-18-2019 02:38 PM
AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

One of the users has 95 completed surveys in the outbox that for an unknown reason cannot be sent, even when the device is connected to the office wi-fi. I filled out a new survey and couldn't send it either. When I hit 'send now' the green circle keeps spinning without sending the survey.
Other surveys that were collected on the same device were sent successfully.

What will happen to the stuff in the outbox if I'll re-download the problematic survey? How can I make sure I'm not going to lose them?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ayelet,

Has something changed on your feature service lately, or were you using an old version on the field app to collect these surveys? Since version 3.0 (July 2018) Survey123 requires that supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs is true on the feature service. Please refer to this blog for more information:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/17/how-to-turn-supportsapplyeditswithgloabl... 

If you are using the latest version of the field app, you will need to ensure this is enabled to be able to submit surveys successfully.

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ayelet,

Was the survey modified or republished after the user had downloaded the survey the first time? Or were the permissions and sharing changed for the survey, feature service or views? This is usually the underlying cause of the surveys not being able to be submitted.

What version of the field app are you using on that device? And what version of Connect was the survey published with?

If there has been no schema changes to the survey and feature service, you should be able to re-download the survey again, all the surveys in the Drafts, Outbox and Sent will remain on the device, and once the survey is updated you can try and resent them again.

You may want to backup and recover the surveys from the device using these steps first: Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.

AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Philip Wilson

I copied the sqlite database to my PC and modified the local path, and could see the 95 surveys in the outbox, but the sending failed. I got an error message that the feature service requirements not met and that Supports Apply Edits with GlobalID must be true.
This survey originally published in June of 2017 and since then worked without any issues. The last submission was in September of this year.
I tried to republish the survey today and got the "apply Edits with GlobalID must be true" error there as well.

What would be the best way for me to fix this survey?
I have a backup of the existing 430 records, and I have the sqlite database with the 95 new surveys.

Ayelet

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ayelet,

Has something changed on your feature service lately, or were you using an old version on the field app to collect these surveys? Since version 3.0 (July 2018) Survey123 requires that supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs is true on the feature service. Please refer to this blog for more information:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/17/how-to-turn-supportsapplyeditswithgloabl... 

If you are using the latest version of the field app, you will need to ensure this is enabled to be able to submit surveys successfully.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

Yes, the last update to the feature service was on 9/6 and since then they could not upload surveys.
The field app is 3.6.158
I think the problem is with the feature layer. The layer appears on the AGOL map but it doesn’t show up on the layers list (under my content) and doesn't show up not when searching for it.

0 Kudos
AyeletGreenberg
Occasional Contributor

It was the feature layer. I published a new layer and was managed to upload all of the surveys from the .sqlite DB.
Thanks a lot for the help!