"Spatial Overlay" with "Selected Summarization" in Pro?

11-13-2019 11:01 AM
JoseGonzalez
Esri Contributor

The "Spatial Overlay" tool in ArcMap has a "Selected Summarization" as  parameter, is there an Overlay tool in Pro-BA that provides the same functionality, or, what could be the work-around?  

2 Replies
SusanZwillinger
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jose,

You may have answered your own question by now, but I thought that I would respond in case another user has this question in the future.

I believe you mean this tool in Esri Business Analyst Desktop:

In ArcGIS Pro Business Analyst, you need to use the Enrich Layer tool:

You'll want to make sure that you click on the "Environments" tab in the tool to specify the local folder for your BA data to ensure that the tool doesn't use your online credits.

In the Parameters tab, you can specify your input polygon map layer, the output feature class name, and then select the variables that you want to summarize by clicking the "plus" button next to Variables.  The selection process for the variables is similar to the process of selecting variables in ArcGIS Online.

Regards,

-Susan-

JoseGonzalez
Esri Contributor

Hi Susan, 

yes, I was referring to the desktop tool. Thank you so much for the detailed steps for using the Pro Enrich Layer tool to implement the functionality I was looking for. This is super helpful!  

Regards,

Jose