AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why are my vector tile labels not appearing at certain scales in AGOL

Question asked by Matt_C_Smith on Nov 12, 2019

My team currently maintains a series of cached raster basemaps over our state, and I've been experimenting with generating the same effect with vector tiles.

However, the generated hosted VTPK file renders differently inside ArcGIS online than it does when viewing the same layer. There are certain scales (in my case L10 and L15) where this occurs.

The first image is the ArcGIS Pro project at L15. It's still a work in progress, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

The next image shows the VTPK hosted on ArcGIS Online over the same area at L15. The labelling is a little funky and not as precise or dense as the original - it stacks, overlaps and overruns where I don't really want it to, but whatever, it's early days.

The final image shows the same scale and extent, but via the AGOL viewer. As you can see, barely any labels (curiously the Depot Hill label is missing from the above image). And it doesn't matter whether I'm viewing the hosted layer via a map viewer or Web App. Or Chrome, Edge or Safari.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Link to the tiler layer: https://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/HrMiNYsSqqPpLTDE/arcgis/rest/services/QldBase_Pastel_v2p1/VectorTileServer 

Outcomes