Using Modelbuilder for Rematch

Jump to solution
11-12-2019 03:02 PM
BrandonA_CDPH
Occasional Contributor II

Hello - 

I am designing a model to use in a tool that involves geocoding a list of addresses.  I am looking for a way to get my model to bring up the interactive address rematch tool, allow the user to rematch addresses, then put them back into the model to finish the analysis.  I am currently using ArcGIS Pro, but would also be willing to explore an easy Web App solution. Also, this is for non-GIS users, so minimizing the steps, effort, and technical user experience is helpful.

Thank you in advance for any assistance on this.

Brandon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonA_CDPH

In case anyone else runs across this, I think I have created a workaround using "Tasks".  I have created a task that walks the user through the process of uploading and geocoding the addresses. I have made a lot of the steps hidden and automatically run so that the user doesn't have to click a bunch (or make a wrong selection). The key to this issue was making the step that involved rematching "manual".  This way, the user has to initiate and go through the rematch process before moving forward.

I would still appreciate suggestions so I can better automate the process, but this seems to serve the purpose for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Typically if you want to interact with a model you need to convert it to a tool by simply exposing the inputs/outputs as Parameters. Check out this page.

BrandonA_CDPH

Thank you for the suggestion.  I could not find a way to expose the rematch tool as a parameter from the model.  I am open to suggestions though.

0 Kudos
BrandonA_CDPH

In case anyone else runs across this, I think I have created a workaround using "Tasks".  I have created a task that walks the user through the process of uploading and geocoding the addresses. I have made a lot of the steps hidden and automatically run so that the user doesn't have to click a bunch (or make a wrong selection). The key to this issue was making the step that involved rematching "manual".  This way, the user has to initiate and go through the rematch process before moving forward.

I would still appreciate suggestions so I can better automate the process, but this seems to serve the purpose for now.

0 Kudos