table to table error

11-08-2019 10:31 AM
AronSaylor
New Contributor

I have been debugging an issue for the past couple of days when trying to import a table from a file geodatabase to our enterprise geodatabase in ArcCatalog 10.6.1. The message that was received was a super unhelpful ERROR 000224: Cannot insert features Failed to execute (TableToTable). I had tried numerous things to complete this TableToTable with no avail. Then suddenly I remembered that I can set the environment variable on my machine to see more information if I set the SDEINTERCEPT environment variable. After looking through the file that is produced by setting the SDEINTERCEPTLOC environment variable I was able to find the real error. The actual error was ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SCHEMA"."TABLE_NAME"."COLUMN_NAME"). This error needs to be found easier. The amount of text that I had to go through to find the actual error was far too much to find why the import failed. 

Here is my question, is there a way to set the result messages in ArcCatalog 10.6.1 to show the database errors?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies