amend survey data in survey123 including attachments

11-06-2019 03:51 PM
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

from the 2017 S123 site:

Survey123 for ArcGIS 2.0 Beta Program is now open 

"As of Survey123 2.0 editing functionality as described above will be limited to Surveys without repeats. We will not support editing attachments either in this first round. Editing surveys including repeats will come later in a 2.x update."

can someone confirm that this still not possible to retrieve a record from the Inbox and add attachments?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Peter,

You are correct, the retrieval and editing of attachments via the Inbox is currently not supported in the Survey123 field app. The only way to add new attachments via the Inbox to an existing feature is to add them to a repeat, so that a new record is added in the repeat which can have attachments added whilst editing the parent record from Inbox.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Phil. I was avoiding repeats to keep things flat and simple and ensure photos can be viewed in a map tip.I also predict that not having repeats will make reporting easier  (haven't tried this out yet).  Looks like I will have to choose between those benefits vs. editing attachments for now. I appreciate the reply. 

RyanMiller11
New Contributor II

Thank you Philip.  Does Esri have a timeline or estimate of when the functionality to edit attachments and data in repeatable sections via the Inbox will be released?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ryan,

At this stage we do not have a set timeline, however it is high on our priority list and something we will be aiming to support in the future.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos