Are there any plans for implementation snapping on Collector ArcGIS?

11-06-2019 05:25 AM
RodrigoNogueira4
New Contributor

If yes, when and for IOS and Android.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, there are. You can see the plans for Collector here: What's planned for Collector?—Collector for ArcGIS | Documentation 

For Collector on iOS, it is coming in the next major release (19.3.0), expected to release late this year. You can read about the plans for that release at the end of the blog that announced the last (19.2.0) release: Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) Updated 

It will come to Android in the new version of the app, but not in the first release.

Esri Education Team
AmyNiessen
Esri Regular Contributor
To add to what Kylie said above, yes, we are working on snapping now, and it will appear first in iOS, scheduled for release in December.
It will also be in the holistic event next week. We’ll bring it to Android in early 2020.
JulieKottamala1
New Contributor II

Hi Amy,

Any update on Snapping feature capability in Android Collector? We have Android devices and looking forward to being able to use snap-to features. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI: snapping is now available in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS), checkout the new blog,

What’s New in Collector for ArcGIS (January 2020) 

@Julie -  This capability will be coming soon in a future Collector for ArcGIS (Android) beta! Please see the end of the blog.

@Julie - Note 2: I've been informed that the first release of Collector for ArcGIS (Android) won't have feature snapping capability - sorry about my incorrect information above.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SheilaKelly
New Contributor

Just wondering if there's an update on feature snapping using Android devices?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sheila,

Apologies for the late reply. I missed the notification that you posted on this thread.

> Just wondering if there's an update on feature snapping using Android devices?

Please review this blog on the future direction of the Collector app and the new forthcoming ArcGIS FIeld Maps app,

Introducing ArcGIS Field Maps 

Hope this helps,