Quick Capture Comment Box

Jump to solution
11-04-2019 12:21 PM
Magalhaes_Flavia
New Contributor II

I have added the comment box in Quick Capture, I am able to write the comment in the box but I can not find the comment after capturing it.  Please let me know how.

Thank you,

Flavia Magalhaes

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew

The issue was that the user had not created the fields they wanted to update in the feature service. As long as the field exists in the layer, then you can follow the guidance in the documentation: Configure a project—QuickCapture | Documentation or https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2019/10/06/understanding-user-inputs-i... .

Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

The culprit is likely incorrect JSON syntax.

Have you followed instructions at: https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2019/10/06/understanding-user-inputs-i... 

Can you post your JSON so we can look at it?

Are you running the latest version of QuickCapture?

0 Kudos
Magalhaes_Flavia
New Contributor II

"fieldInfos": [
{
"fieldName": "Status",
"value": "Severe"
},
{
"fieldName": "Comments",
"value": "${userInput:myUserInput}"
}
],
"id": "e3067246-7395-49de-8e28-02e66ef8dd16",
"key": null

It shows the comment box after Severe is collected

Here is my Layer:

Besides the Delete Button I see number in brackets I am assuming they are the comments.  But I do not know how to see the comments.

Please help.

Flavia Magalhaes

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Please share your project with the user QCCreator so we can have a look.

0 Kudos
Magalhaes_Flavia
New Contributor II

Not sure how to do that.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - Create a group and share your project and layers with it. Then invite QCCreator to join the group.

0 Kudos
Magalhaes_Flavia
New Contributor II

I am limited to share my layers, is it possible that you help me out just by letting me know how to see the comments that were made in quick capture? Do I have to add another field in the attribute table? Not sure how to visualize it.

Please and thank you

Flavia

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - In your example, there needs to be a field in the layer called Comments (if not you will need to create it), this is where the value will be written to. You can view the layer and fields in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer, by viewing the attribute table. You can launch the map viewer by clicking the View Results option on the project in the designer:

If the value is not being written to captured records, then could you email me your project JSON and I'll take a look (jhasthorpe@esri.com)?

0 Kudos
AndrewNguyen
New Contributor

Hello! 

Was there a resolution to this? I have run into the same problem and have looked into all of the data fields available in the Map Viewer

Thank you in advance!

Andrew

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Andrew

The issue was that the user had not created the fields they wanted to update in the feature service. As long as the field exists in the layer, then you can follow the guidance in the documentation: Configure a project—QuickCapture | Documentation or https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-quickcapture/blog/2019/10/06/understanding-user-inputs-i... .

Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos