How to access/update responses sent via browser?

Jump to solution
10-30-2019 04:37 PM
AlexDamiao
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have recently created a survey which I need to be open to the public as well as have the survey open directly in the browser:

Furthermore, this particular survey requires the users to be able to update their unique responses at any time:

The survey is working quite nicely! However, once I try and use the same link in the same computer to update my submitted response, I get the following message:

I cannot find a way to update my own sent survey response via the browser! Am I missing something fundamental here? Is the "update the response" only allowed in the field app?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

With regards to editing, you can specify a particular feature to edit via URL parameters.  See Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Editing records in a web form for more information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

While in Collaborate-Submitter, scroll down a bit further down to ensure you have enable multiple submissions.

Use url parameters to load your survey records in edit mode as described in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re... 

AlexDamiao
New Contributor II

Thanks for the help!

I tested that but it just lets me start a completely new survey. I need to access whatever I (as a submitter) have sent as response and change/update it.

Furthermore, due to the length of this survey we really just want to allow the possibility and going back and changing some of the answers. Is this capability only available in the field app?

Thanks,

Alex

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

With regards to editing, you can specify a particular feature to edit via URL parameters.  See Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Editing records in a web form for more information.