Quick Capture - Lat, Long and Distance

Jump to solution
10-29-2019 10:54 AM
Magalhaes_Flavia
New Contributor II

How can I get the Latitude, Longitude and Distance collected and shown in the attribute table using Quick Capture.  I know how to use it, using collector, but it doesn't work when I use quick capture.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

You first need to make sure that your feature layer has an X (longitude) and Y (latitude) field. These need to of the type of double.

Then create a project from the feature layer, select the button, go to the data tab, and set the device variables for these fields. The device variables you want to use are Latitude (DD) and Longitude (DD).

For length, this is a system managed field that should be updated by the server-side, not by the app. You don't need to do anything to get this populated. For ArcGIS Online feature services, the field to look at is: Shape__Length.

Save the project and download it to the mobile application. Capture a line and the appropriate fields will be automatically populated in the captured record.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

You first need to make sure that your feature layer has an X (longitude) and Y (latitude) field. These need to of the type of double.

Then create a project from the feature layer, select the button, go to the data tab, and set the device variables for these fields. The device variables you want to use are Latitude (DD) and Longitude (DD).

For length, this is a system managed field that should be updated by the server-side, not by the app. You don't need to do anything to get this populated. For ArcGIS Online feature services, the field to look at is: Shape__Length.

Save the project and download it to the mobile application. Capture a line and the appropriate fields will be automatically populated in the captured record.