Thread exception when closing application

10-29-2019 05:08 PM
BradDuBois
New Contributor II

I'm just getting started with the ESRI Qt SDK and I've added a map window to my main.qml as an initial step in getting to know the SDK.  It works nicely during runtime but when I close the application a qthread exception is thrown and it's display for a few seconds and then it times out.  I've caught the exception in the debugger but I've got no symbols for where the exception originates. I have attached a screenshot of the call stack as well as the exception.

Seems like there must be some cleanup code somewhere that I need add to properly shut down.

Running on windows 10 1903 with Qt 5.13.1 and the latest ESRI SDK 100.6 and Visual Studio 2017

Any tips on what I need to add to shut down cleanly would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad DuBois

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Brad-

We haven't run across this issue. I tried running 5.13.2 Windows MSVC 2017 in release and debug and couldn't reproduce the issue. Are you using one of the SDK templates? Any additional details on how to reproduce?

0 Kudos
BradDuBois
New Contributor II

Hello Lucas,

Thank you for the reply.  When I first began to experiment with the ESRI SDK I was creating child Window objects in the context of the top level ApplicationWindow in main.qml and pasting in the example code from the ESRI Samples application.  When I just have the one Application window and put the map in there I do not see the problem.

Effectively I was doing this as a quick way to get a map window

0 Kudos
RomicaAlexandru
New Contributor

Hello Brad,

Is any new news about this issue,

There is no option to create a map outside the context, "main"?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Alex

0 Kudos