ArcGIS "Unknown capability 'Map'."

Jump to solution
10-28-2019 01:58 PM
BradyHoukom
New Contributor II

We recently upgraded to 10.71 and now we are unable to load our Image Service due to this error. 

ArcGIS "Unknown capability 'Map'. Only 'TilesOnly,Image,Catalog,Metadata,Download,Pixels,Edit,Mensuration,Uploads,Tilemap' are supported. 

However when I go to the service reference here Tile Map—ArcGIS REST API: Services Directory | ArcGIS for Developers  it states "For cached map/image services, this capability needs to be added by the service publisher by updating the service administrative endpoint to include: "capabilities": "Map,Tilemap"."

This service does not support the Map capability. But I cant add it because of the aforementioned error when trying to add it. 

Has this capability been removed? Am I missing a setting on my service? Why isn't this documented?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the code snippet - instead of ArcGISMapImageLayer, you should use ImageServiceRaster Class with the RasterLayer Class.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

If you can't see the Map capability on the REST endpoint for your service, then I recommend posting this question in the Enterprise product space: ArcGIS Enterprise 

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
BradyHoukom
New Contributor II

Okay, thanks for the heads up Mike! 

0 Kudos
BradyHoukom
New Contributor II

Hey Michael,

The more I dig into the the more it is pointing at some change in the runtime. Here is what we used to do that just doesnt work anymore.

So the URI is to some ImageServer instead of a MapServer. I decided to test a server that hadnt been updated to 10.7 yet and was still on 10.5. It looks like this Load still failed for Runtime 100.6. So it has to be a change in the runtime that is now cause this load to fail. I cant find anything in the release notes that denotes this kind of change.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the code snippet - instead of ArcGISMapImageLayer, you should use ImageServiceRaster Class with the RasterLayer Class.

Cheers

Mike

BradyHoukom
New Contributor II

Wow. We have been using this class for couple of years now. Had no idea it was the wrong one until this upgrade . I spent a better part of a week trying to figure out the issue (either Runtime or ArcGIS server).

It seems to be working for us so far. Just a couple more update and test. 

0 Kudos