ConvertWebMapToMapDocument and secured services

10-28-2019 06:09 AM
MatthieuThery1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to use the ConvertWebMapToMapDocument arcpy tool to print some services.

It works fine for public services, however it fails when I try with secured services (I am using web thier authentication).

I tried using the extra_conversation_options property along with one of my connection file (.ags), but it keeps prompting me to type my password/username.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

We went down this path Printing maps that contain secured services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

From what I recall, we required the application to generate the token and simply append it to any secured service references for the ConvertWebMapToMapDocument

0 Kudos
MatthieuThery1
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately we are using web authentication and not tokens to secure our services so that won't work for us.

Using the second method in your link does work, as I am able to embed a connection file to the default toolbox and therefore print secured services. The issue with that is that we aren't able to do anything else with the templates apart from printing the services. We'd like to add dynamic text boxes, move elements etc, which is something we are only able to do in python, while constructing our own script and therefore using ConvertWebMapToMapDocument...

0 Kudos