Field Calculator Script

10-24-2019 04:48 AM
ConnorBreedlove
New Contributor

Working on creating match lines for map figures.

I need to have each match line contain the Figure numbers the maps will pair with in the attribute table.

For example:

Matches Figure 3.01 & Figure 3.02

Matches Figure 3.02 & Figure 3.03

Matches Figure 3.03 & Figure 3.04

ETC...

Is there a script I can write to automate this process, as I have over one hundred match lines to create?

Thanks much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Could you explain what your looking for in a different way?

I think what your asking for is marks on the sides of your maps that will match up to the maps adjacent to the current map and you want labels indicating what that adjacent map is.

Not certain what you mean by Map Figures

0 Kudos
ConnorBreedlove
New Contributor

Yes sir, that is exactly what I am doing. I am just wanting to know if their is a VB script or python code I could write that will expedite the process of labeling each mark. Typically I will manually type into the attribute table when I only have a few maps to match together. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Since you don't have a lot of maps I would suggest simply creating fields in  your data driven page feature that contains labels for sheets to the north, south, east, and west and filling in the attributes.

There was a tool for Data Driven pages in the past to automatically label the adjacent sheet but it was not terribly good.

But this way  you have it in there permanent.  it may seem cumbersome but once you get rolling only a 100 or so would not take that long. 

0 Kudos