AnsweredAssumed Answered

arcgis earth elevation profile with My Data

Question asked by ocristol@wanzek.com_spock-1974 on Oct 23, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2020 by Xuewen_Zhang-esristaff

Hello,

I have just started using ArcGis Earth and I am wondering if it is possible to use the elevation profile tool on the data I have imported. I have a imported a line shapefile in my session and would like to see the elevation profile on selected segment.

Scenario1: After selecting a segment in my shapefile, when I go to interactive analysis->elevation profile, I am asked "to clicking in the scene and double click to finish sketch". In this scenario, having some data selected in my shape file doesn't make any difference, I have to draw on top of the shape file to get the profile (see screenshot 1)

Scenario2: If I have drawn a line and saved it in "my drawings", I can right click on this line and get the elevation profile auto-generated (see screenshot 2)

Question: is there a way to get the auto generated elevation profile as in scenario2 on segment of my shapefile? Having to draw lines on top of what I have imported to get the profile is time consuming. Plus the function exists for "my drawings" data, seems logic same should exist for imported data.

Thank you

Outcomes