Arc Collector Sync Error

10-23-2019 08:37 AM
KatieHueper
New Contributor II

Several people are using the same webmap collecting data offline and when we go to sync that data once we are back in wifi some people are getting this error: "An error occurred while synchronizing edits. Unable to synchronize replica Exporting data changes failed"

Help please!

6 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Katie, 

To obtain a better picture of our workflow and behavior encountered I have a couple of additional questions. 

Is the data hosted in ArcGIS Online or is the data coming from an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment? If the data is coming from an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment is the data registered with an Enterprise geodatabase? 

Are we using Collector on IOS, Android, or Windows? If we are using IOS what version of Collector are we using Collector for ArcGIS 19.1.0 or Collector for ArcGIS Classic 19.0.2? 

If we are using Collector for ArcGIS Windows, Android, or IOS Classic if we change our Synchronization settings to "Push Only" are we able to successfully sync the data? 

Thank you,

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
KatieHueper
New Contributor II

Hello Zach,

We are using a webmap hosted on ArcOnline.

We are using ISO, and ArCollector classic.

Thank you!

Katie

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
KatieHueper
New Contributor II

I did try the push only, it did not help the sync. The process works about half way and stops with the error message.

Katie

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Katie, 

Thank you for the information! For a more immediate workflow to obtain the edits you can extract the runtime geodatabase directly from the devices and append the edits to the hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online. 

Please use these links for this workflow: 

How To: Access offline edits from Collector for ArcGIS directly from an Android or iOS device 

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Thank you,

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
KatieHueper
New Contributor II

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the links.

I downloaded the data from the ipad, its rather big, 8mb. Including 5 folders each with a separate .gdb

I tired to use the ‘copy runtime geodatabase to file geodatabase” but I keep getting and error:

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Katie

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Katie, 

It seems we may have attachments and may not have the license needed to run the tool with attachments, or there may be a geometry issue we are encountering. 

Error: 001732: Could not copy data from Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase 

If we happen to have an ArcGIS Pro license we can use this workflow to reach the same result. 

How To: Copy runtime geodatabase contents to a file geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro 

Thank you,

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos