AnsweredAssumed Answered

Track Time Zones or UTC-Offset of Entered DateTime

Question asked by erikherberg on Oct 21, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2019 by JTedrick-esristaff

Is there any way to extract the time zone abbreviation or the UTC-Offset of an entered date/time in a survey? I know about using pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset') to capture the UTC offset when the form is submitted, but that's not what I'm hunting for. 

I use repeats in my forms, and each has their own date/time, some of which are in the past. A hypothetical example: We are filling out a form on March 12, 2019 (this is Central Daylight Time, UTC -5). We have one repeat from that day March 12, 2019 11:00 and another in the past, like February 23, 2019 11:00 (Central Standard Time, UTC -6), from before the switch from Standard Time to Daylight Time (on March 10, 2019). Using pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset') will just populate every repeat with "-5", since the form is submitted in UTC -5. How do I extract the UTC offset of the entered Date/Time, not the submission date/Time? So the March 12 repeat would save the timezone or offset as -5 and the February 23 repeat would show -6? I know this information is saved somewhere, because when I export the feature layer to excel, the times are accurate in UTC 0: March 12, 2019 11:00 (a dateTime that falls in UTC -5) becomes 16:00 and February 23, 2019 11:00 (a Date/Time that falls in UTC -6) becomes 17:00. I just can't figure out how to access it. Or is it an export setting?

Thanks,

-Erik

Outcomes