AnsweredAssumed Answered

Anyone ever successfully converted a KMZ/KML into a shapefile, feature class, or csv with ALL attribute fields present in a tabular format?

Question asked by Daniel.Cota on Oct 18, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 by bharold-esristaff

I am running into a roadblock where I need to somehow export the data from a points KMZ/KML file into a tabular format where all fields in the dataset are accessible. So far, I have only had minor luck in using the KML to Layer tool to get a feature class with all the geometry appropriately visible, but the attribute table shows that all the original attribute data is shoved into one field called "PopupInfo" and formatted as XML. 

I have seen other threads where they mention that Data Interoperability may be the best solution to fully export all KMZ/KML fields into a tabular format with all original fields present, but I was wondering if anyone in the community has ever gone through this workflow.

I do not have access to the original file that the KMZ was created from (at least, not yet) so for now, I am stuck.

My end goal is to be able to get all the data into a table where I can then append additional data and create a new dataset from it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Outcomes