Can't embed dashboard

10-18-2019 05:32 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I keep getting an error when trying to embed a dashboard into my StoryMap.

I've attached a video to show what happens. Not sure if this is a new bug but this dashboard has worked in both classical story maps as well as a previous StoryMap. When watching the video skip to the 1:10 mark for the error. It looks like it is trying to load but fails. I have not tried embedding anything else.

*UPDATE

This is the dashboard I'm trying to embed,

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, new update. Closed out of Firefox and logged back into StoryMaps and attempted to add again and it worked. I don't know why it wasn't working first go around but now it seems to be working.

0 Kudos
JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

I am also unable to embed a dashboard as of today (5/15).

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jason Smolinski‌ -- Unfortunately the service ArcGIS StoryMaps uses to validate embeds has been experiencing issues over the last 24 hours. Please try again later or tomorrow.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

Thank you.

To note, nothing appears posted on ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard  to let users know.

Also noticing it with embedding Compare apps as well.  Likely all embedding?

0 Kudos
JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

Hi Owen.  As of Saturday morning 5/16 it is still not allowing embedding of content into a StoryMap.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jason Smolinski‌ -- Unfortunately, this 3rd party service is still experiencing issues that are affecting adding embeds in ArcGIS StoryMaps. We will update the GeoNet announcement below when we hear from the provider that the service is restored. I apologize for the inconvenience.

ArcGIS StoryMaps: Temporary issue validating embed links 

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos