Navigator for ArcGIS - Change direction units to km

Jump to solution
10-16-2019 10:34 PM
MuhammadAli6
New Contributor II

I created a road network using ArcMap 10.6 in Projected Coordinate System (PDO_1993_UTM_Zone_40N - meters). I have one travel mode in this network(car). there is no restriction attribute in my road network and i am using length(meters) as default impedance and i have travel time as well. I have defined the driving directions (km) as follows.

Directions Configured: Yes
General Directions:
Display Length Units: Kilometers
Length Attribute: Length
Time Attribute: TimeInMin
Source Directions:
Centreline:
Street Name Fields:
Primary:
Name: NAME
Suffix Type: TYPE

Using Make a Map with your own data tutorial I did the following steps:

• I used ArcGIS Pro 2.4 to created a custom basemap
  • Added the road network layers to this basemap.
  • Created a new map and added this basemap to it.
  • Executed the "Create mobile map package" tool to create a package.
  • Executed "Share Package" to share it on ArcGIS Online.

Now the issue is when i am using it in Navigator for ArcGIS i am getting a route in miles and i am not finding any option to change it to km.

My main concern is when i create and share the mobile map package i want to use km to be default unit for route.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Muhammad Ali‌,

Navigator no longer has an in-app setting to change the units. Instead it will detect and honor the preferred units setting of the current signed in user.

As the admin of an org you can set the default units in ArcGIS Online / Enterprise through Settings -> Map -> Units.

As a user you can change it in ArcGIS Online / Enterprise through My Profile -> Edit my profile -> Units.

If you change your Profile settings in ArcGIS Online / Enterprise, you will need to sign out of Navigator and sign back in for it to detect the change.

Hope this helps,

Joel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Muhammad Ali‌,

Navigator no longer has an in-app setting to change the units. Instead it will detect and honor the preferred units setting of the current signed in user.

As the admin of an org you can set the default units in ArcGIS Online / Enterprise through Settings -> Map -> Units.

As a user you can change it in ArcGIS Online / Enterprise through My Profile -> Edit my profile -> Units.

If you change your Profile settings in ArcGIS Online / Enterprise, you will need to sign out of Navigator and sign back in for it to detect the change.

Hope this helps,

Joel

MuhammadAli6
New Contributor II

Thankyou Joel. This resolved the issue.

0 Kudos