ESRI javascript API -19-001

Jump to solution
10-14-2019 11:37 AM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

Just wanted to do certification of ESRI javascript API -19-001 . Do we need to complete any thing to proceed with it ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vijay, 

Our specialty certifications do have an eligibility requirement which requires an individual hold an existing Esri certification version 10.3 or higher.  Once you have earned a core certification the system will allow candidates to proceed with registering for their specialty exam.  If you have additional questions you can always reach out to the team at certification@esri.com.

Thanks,

Jessi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vijay, 

Our specialty certifications do have an eligibility requirement which requires an individual hold an existing Esri certification version 10.3 or higher.  Once you have earned a core certification the system will allow candidates to proceed with registering for their specialty exam.  If you have additional questions you can always reach out to the team at certification@esri.com.

Thanks,

Jessi

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

The currently showing 10.4 Web application development. can i proceed with this ? . its going to expire in December.

Do i need complete before that ?  How ? Please suggest me how to proceed ? i am a java script developer 

JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

Hi Vijay - Specialty certifications, like the API for JavaScript exam, require that you achieve a core exam at version 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, or 19-001 (or higher) before you are able to register.  The core exams set your foundational knowledge and specialty topics can be stacked on top to round out your certification profile.

Our 10.4 exams will retire in December, so if you are intending to use that as your core exam to take a specialty, you will need to register and sit for the exam before 12/31/19.

Please visit our website to purchase a voucher and find instructions for registering for an exam: https://www.esri.com/training/certification-take-exam/

Best of luck!

-Jeren Portillo

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

So we have to complete core exams before moving to specialty exam right? do yo have link for core exams ? 

0 Kudos
JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

Yes - that is correct.

Any exam in the Desktop, Developer, or Enterprise domain is a core exam.  https://www.esri.com/training/certification-find-exam/ 

Thanks!

Jeren

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

The time for web application developer is less . do i need to wait until new exam published after December ? what can i expect next for developers after december ?

0 Kudos
JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

Actually, the entire Developer domain will retire in December and we do not plan to update the current exams in that category.  Instead, those topics will be added to the Specialty domain and new developer topics will be added periodically to keep topics current and focused on our users' specific needs.  

We are currently developing a new exam that will be out next year: API for Python Specialty.

Best,

Jeren

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Ok I got it. How many attempts can we take for free if i failed in 1st one. If i register the exam now, can i complete it in online? do we have any slots for it? 

0 Kudos
JerenPortillo
Esri Contributor

You must purchase a voucher for each exam attempt.  Please review our retake policy here: 

You can use any exam delivery method that best suits your location and schedule.  Pearson VUE offers both authorized test center exams and online delivered exams.  See more information here:

If you need help registering for an exam, please contact certification@esri.com.