ArcGIS Pro Animation export is empty?

10-11-2019 09:56 AM
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to make a simple animation of a boundary progression over time in ArcGIS Pro. The data are a set of individual layers for a national boundary, each layer is a different time step. In the animation menu I'm setting keyframes, one for each time interval, turning each layer on in secession. In the Timeline window I see the correct keyframe thumbnails, and if I advance the frames manually from the Playback menu they change as expected. But, if I hit play on the Playback menu the screen goes blank and I just see the time slide moving but no map. If I export as a Draft or GIF I get export files with only the basemap showing, my layers are missing.

What is going on with my animation?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidHintner1
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem, I have a layer (3D buildings) which is also not displayed in the exported movie, no matter what format I export. Has anyone got a solution for this?

0 Kudos
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III

update: although I can't tell you what I did differently, my exports now have the map layers showing in them. However, the Playback function still shows no frames or running animation which  makes iterating changes extremely difficult. All of the help for this tool is focused on camera animation as opposed to tweening between static layers.

DavidHintner1
New Contributor

Hm ok, and which export settings have you used when it worked? (Resolution, Frames etc.)

0 Kudos
melissaur1039
New Contributor

Was there ever a viable solution to this? I am having the same issue. I have 23 keyframes and when exported it just randomly skips over several of them and show the same one throughout the video. But when I manually click through the layers in the animation timeline, it shows they are all there with the correct timesteps.

0 Kudos