Field hyperlink vs pop up for launching Survey123

10-08-2019 12:30 PM
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Our upcoming deer disease surveillance entails collecting data on harvest location by asking the hunter to touch the map location in Explorer, which in turns launches the Survey123 form and populates the location information. For a single form, the custom popup with hyperlink works well (e.g., arcgis-survey123://?itemID=63f11951f709483cb229c26ba44c1249&field:permit_area={DPA}&field:town={Township}&field:range={Rang}&field:section={Sect}). The catch is that we have separate forms for our northern and southern surveillance areas, and I would like the touch to launch and pre-populate the form specific to the area of interest. I populated a field with the URL specific to the area of interest, then created a popup that was just this field. This approach successfully launches the correct form, but does not pass the parameters of interest. Am I missing something or is passing parameters not possible using this approach? Thanks.

Bob

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bob

What you're describing should work, as long as the field parameters are being added to the link in the pop-up, not in the URL field. For example, store the app launch URL (arcgis-survey123://?itemID=63f11951f709483cb229c26ba44c1249) in a field called 'SurveyURL'. Then in the pop-up construct a hyperlink to add the other parameters to it, for example:

{SurveyURL}&field:permit_area={DPA}&field:town={Township}&field:range={Rang}&field:section={Sect}

As an alternative, you could add the same points layer to the web map twice and filter one for the northern area and the other for the southern area. You could then configure separate pop-ups for each layer using your original approach.

I hope this helps, please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion. It works great with a local layer, but when I try to do it with the same layer as a feature service in Portal I get this. Any suggestions?

Bob

0 Kudos
bobwright
Occasional Contributor

Forgot to mention that I am working in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bob,

Instead of having the full first part of the url (i.e., arcgis-survey://?itemID=XXX), you could instead have just the form id in the SurveyURL field:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID={SurveyURL}&field:permit_area={DPA}&...

That should get around the validation issue you are seeing in Pro...