ArcGIS Monitor Log Parser for IIS

10-08-2019 01:00 PM
BrettFlodine
New Contributor

I have a federated arcgis server with portal using version 10.7.1 and I am using ArcGIS monitor to connect to the IIS logfiles and I am getting the following error when I test the connection.  I have IIS logging every hour.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SLP.Common, Version=0.9.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at ESRI.PS.EIST.SystemLogParser_Plus.CLI.StartHere.Main(String[] args)

I think it is because it I deed to change the connection string for the token. Any suggestions how to make the connection work?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like you are trying to integrate "System Log Parser for IIS" with ArcGIS Monitor.  I recommend running SLP for IIS as a standalone tool first to verify it is working before integrating it to ArcGIS Monitor.  Click on the "SystemLogsGUI" application to launch it as a standalone application. See image below:

SystemLogsGUI

Verify you have met the requirements to access the IIS logs on the remote machine as per the inline help:

If the IIS logs are on a remote machine, you will need to map a network drive in Windows first (eg. \\ettvm30.esri.com\c$ or \\eslsrv10.esri.com\inetpub) with read permissions before your user can browse to it.

In short, to read the IIS logs from the ArcGIS Monitor machine where you are running (testing) SLP for IIS as a standalone program, you must share the IIS logs as a network drive and the Windows account you are using must have read permission.  Likewise, the Windows account running the ArcGIS Monitor service must have read permission.

0 Kudos
BrettFlodine
New Contributor

it was the hidden share that took care of my issue thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello I need help with IIS Log Parse, I am using ArcGIS Monitor 10.7.1, when running SLP manually it works without problems, but in monitor although the Test is correct, it does not bring the information that is visible in the excel output of the manual execution of SLP, please your help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos