Microsoft Surface & Survey123 Issues

10-07-2019 07:03 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

1. The Stylet does not work with Survey123 3.6.153 or 3.5.

Is this suppose to work? I would expect S123 to respond to any touch with Finger or Pen.

2. Camera does not rotate properly on Surface running Windows 10 Pro when using portrait mode.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi TL, 

I was able to reproduce your camera issue with Surface Pro, could you contact Tech support to log an issue for this so that we can address this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
TL2
by

This has been logged: BUG-000126023

I just wanted to add that this camera issue occurs in Tablet mode and Non-tablet mode on the MS Surface.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi TL,

What version of Windows 10 is running (version number), can you provide screenshot of the About screen from Settings. Also what is the exact model/year of the Surface Pro? 

Was the pen working with 3.3? Is it just 3.5 and 3.6 it stopped working, or did it never work? Does the pen work with other apps?

Also, with the camera rotation issue in portrait, are you using the front (selfie) or back camera? Is the image preview before you take the photo rotated, or just after you take the photo the image attached back into the survey is rotated? Can you provide any screenshots?

Thanks,

Phil.

0 Kudos
TL2
by

Thanks for responding...

I was able to install an older build of 3.0 that does work with the Surface Pen.  3.5 and 3.6 do not.

I also installed AppStudio Player which also does not work which leads me to believe it originates from AppStudio 4.

Windows 10 Pro v 1809

Installed on 6/4/2019

OS Build 17763.379

The pen works as expected for all other apps including Collector.

This issue relates to this question: Microsoft Pen Support in AppStudio 4 

I will log a bug with tech support regarding the camera.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks TL,

We will look into the stylus issue further. Can you also raise the stylus with tech support as a separate issue. That way we can process both of them separately and keep you updated on progress and priority and allows other customers to search and attach to same issues if found.

Phil.

rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello T L,

It looks like the other GeoNet post was updated by Erwin with the following information. Given that Survey123 also uses the Qt Framework (I believe?), this response will also apply to your post:

This looks like an issue related to the underlying Qt Framework, check this qt bug related to Surface Pan, https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-77153, and this bug has been fixed in Qt version 5.13.1 and 5.14.0 Alpha.

We are able to reproduce this issue using AppStudio 4.0 that includes Qt version 5.12.3, and we also have verified that it is fixed in our AppStudio internal daily build version 4.1 that includes Qt version 5.13.1.

So this issue will be fixed when we release AppStudio 4.1, we are planning to release AppStudio 4.1 by the end of November/early December (**subject to change).

(From https://community.esri.com/thread/240050-microsoft-pen-support-in-appstudio-4 )

I am your Support case owner so I'll be alerting you there as well, but wanted to post this information here for anyone else that may also come across this GeoNet post.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Rachel

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Stylus is now compatible with Survey123 as of https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/12/05/walt-disney-release-37 

Camera issue still pending resolution.

0 Kudos