Error executing function during kriging

10-01-2019 12:32 PM
AlejandroFigueroa1
New Contributor

I am attempting to execute the kriging function on a set of data. The function had worked before without any issues. Now every time I try to execute it I first get the error "ERROR: 010092: Invalid output extent". I correct (or believe I do) this issue and then I get the "ERROR 9999999: Error executing function".

So far I have tried migrating all of my files to a local drive (I was previously using a Dropbox folder, and the function originally worked there), changing my output extent several times, but nothing seems to work. My dataset is very small (13 data points!), and I am at a loss for solutions. Any ideas on what I can try next?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

- What version of ArcGIS are you using?

- Try creating a new project

- is the data in a shapefile or fgdb?

- what happens if you use IDW?

AlejandroFigueroa1
New Contributor

Thank you for responding! I am using ArcGIS 10.2.
I tried creating a new project and the issue persists. My data is in a shapefile. I just tried using IDW and the output extent error persists.

I have also tried creating a polygon for the extent I want the kriging to take place in, and when I use that ERROR 9999999 comes up. I'm a at a loss, more so because Kriging worked yesterday and I did not change the data/files at all, and can't explain why it doesn't work today!

0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor

Please navigate to the folder where the shapefile is stored and zip all the files making up the shapefile and email it to me at slynch@esri.com

I suspect that you have a corrupt shapefile.

0 Kudos