AnsweredAssumed Answered

Enterprise and federate or stand alone

Question asked by md96 on Sep 30, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2019 by md96

We have ArcGIS Server 10.3 running on an old server.  We are setting up a new sever and will install 10.7.1 (single-machine deployment).  My current workflow is to publish a map service from ArcMap, create a web map in AGOL, then use WebApp Builder (developer version) to create a web application that I copy to the server.  I am trying to determine if I should use Enterprise Builder and federate, or keep ArcGIS Server stand alone as on the old server.

I do have one application (and may build more) where I used ArcGIS Server Manager to secure the service.  I published the service with Feature Access enabled.  In ArcGIS Server Manager I created a user name and password and assigned it a role, I made the service private and assigned it the role.  I created the web map and application as described above.  I provide the person who needs to use it the link, user name, and password, and they are able to make updates.  From everything I have read, it appears I would no longer be able to secure the service that way if we federated and user management was taken over by Portal?

Outcomes