How do I access a gdb once I publish my geoprocessor

09-30-2019 04:23 AM
JamesHone1
New Contributor III

Hi I am trying to publish a geoprocessing service.

I have a gdb file that is on a server that I am using as my worskpace, it contains a couple of tiffs to clip depending on a user drawn polygon.

arcpy.env.workspace = r'\\dacspreprodstorage.file.core.windows.net\preprodcontentstore\Jim\BSelect.gdb'‍‍

Once I publish my gp srvice it is unable to find this file, it fails as it doesnt find the features to clip.

How do I host this GDB on the server so my GP can access it, I assumed as it was on the server it would find it but maybe the path is different from there Im not sure.

Do I need to publish this GDB as a service? Will I then be able to set it as my workspace or will I have to change my code significantly? Can I just wack it in a datastore and have the server access it, this is kind of what I thought I had done but maybe my server cant see this storage area.

Cheers

Jim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesHone1
New Contributor III

I have now published the gdb as a service

I have a rest URL.

If I want to clip the tiffs in there with a geoprocessor do I have to extract them first or can I just access them directly in the service? Bit confused as the docs for geodata services seem a bit slim compared to other areas.

0 Kudos
JamesHone1
New Contributor III

I abandoned this method in the end, went on the server, adjusted all the paths that it changed at upload to point at a local copy of my gdb, bit hacky but it worked.

0 Kudos