Survey 123 randomly fails to generate feature reports

Jump to solution
09-26-2019 06:20 PM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

Today all of my surveys stopped creating feature reports. No changes were made to either forms or forms templates. 

This is a complete disaster, can you please suggest? Same error on all surveys.

Thanks,

Yulia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yulia,

After some investigations, it turns out that due to an enhancement to the report engine in 3.6 release, some incorrect syntax in the report template which worked before cannot work after 3.6 release now. Such as:

• ${if image_field_1 | getValue:"size">0}: should add parentheses as ${if (image_field_1 | getValue:"size")>0} or use ${if image_field_1} directly if you want to print something only if the image exists.
  • ${if choiceQuestion1="choice1"}: should use == instead of =

Would you please confirm if one of the above syntaxes exists in your report template?

Thanks,

Zhifang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yulia,

Thank you for the feedback. 

I tested some relative simple/complex surveys with the feature report, they work as expected currently. Seems there is some specific content in your survey/template which leads to such error. Would you mind sharing your XLSForm and template for us to investigate? This would help us to locate the error more quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Yulia,

After some investigations, it turns out that due to an enhancement to the report engine in 3.6 release, some incorrect syntax in the report template which worked before cannot work after 3.6 release now. Such as:

• ${if image_field_1 | getValue:"size">0}: should add parentheses as ${if (image_field_1 | getValue:"size")>0} or use ${if image_field_1} directly if you want to print something only if the image exists.
  • ${if choiceQuestion1="choice1"}: should use == instead of =

Would you please confirm if one of the above syntaxes exists in your report template?

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Zhifang,

Yes, all of my templates have image conditions. Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
JCOSNatRes1
New Contributor

I seem to be having a very similar problem with my reports but I cant figure out what part of my syntax is wrong. ANy help would be much appreciated. I'd be happy to send my excel file if you give me an email address. Thanks,

Irene

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi JCOS NatRes1‌,

If you see the similar error message as Yulia attached in this post, please send your XLSForm file (.xlsx) and the report template file (.docx) to my email zwang@esri.com, I can try to locate the issue in your template file.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
HeatherWillever
New Contributor II

Im having a similar issue, and cant seem to get the report to generate.  It fails with the error below.  Yet when I check the syntax and upload a template it passes the syntax check.  Any advice?  I have a loop, and repeats, and conditional formatting.  

Thanks,

-Heather

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Heather,

Since the error only happens during generating the report but not checking the syntax, seems that it could be a relatively complex situation and also may relate to the data structure. In this way, I would suggest that it's better to open an Esri Support ticket for further investigation, also confirming the bug through Esri Support would raise the priority for the issue.

Thanks,

Zhifang.

0 Kudos
KelbyThomasson1
New Contributor II

Zhifang,

I am also having an issue, when I check the syntax it shows that it is fine but when I go to print a preview sample I get a similar error.  I am just curious if anything has been found out with this error?

0 Kudos
ScottAndreasen
New Contributor

I think I'm having the same issue....

0 Kudos