Survey123 Attachment Crash iOS 13

09-23-2019 07:00 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

We are using the AppStudio version of Survey123 and it appears that we cannot attach a file on either an iPhone or iPad after upgrading to iOS 13.  When I select the icon folder the screen just freezes.  I have tried to dig into the code, and think it has something todo with te xFormPictureChoose.qml, but wondering if I should continue my investigation or whether a change is in the works?  Both with and without annotations don't work on a survey attachment on iOS

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Just to check, but this sounds like the issue that was already reported in https://community.esri.com/message/877371-survey-123-ios-13-attachment-bug .  We have been working with the Qt company on a resolution to this issue and have it ready in Survey123; if you have access to Survey123's TestFlight, please try with the latest version of Survey123 (3.6.153).  The AppStudio team is working to bring the fix into CloudMake so that it can be used for all apps.

0 Kudos
MKa
by

This is a related issue.  The original bug was using the Beta version of iOS 13 and we had a workaround.  Now with the actual release of iOS 13 our workaround does not work.  We need to update our Survey123 template code with the fix that QT comes up with in that picture chooser file.  Any immediate help with this or updates would be great.  Our users rely on uploading pictures using out modified survey123 app.

Any Suggestions would be great.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hello,

Can you try to rebuild the iOS version of your application?  The AppStudio team updated CloudMake over the night.

0 Kudos
MKa
by

It still has the problem when running it in AppStudio Player on the iPhone.  Are you saying that the cloudmake result would be different than the version that runs from AppStudio?  Also, i need to build my app using the local make, would the local make files have the changes updated as well so my resulting file would work?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi,

Yes, as AppStudio Player has not been updated yet.  Please refer to https://community.esri.com/groups/appstudio/blog/2019/09/25/hotfix-to-appstudio-for-arcgis-40 for more information, including local make updates.  

0 Kudos