Unexpected error crashes my story map

09-19-2019 05:39 AM
MatthiasLang
New Contributor

Hi all,

I added a new sidecar to my story map and now the story crashes all the time with an unexpected error everytime I scrolle to my last page. So there is no possibility to delete it. I tried it in various browsers and devices and it keeps crashing. 

ArcGIS StoryMaps 

Maybe someone knows a solution for this issue. 

Best,

Matthias

Tags (1)
9 Replies
ElisabettaMattioli
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

I was so excited to add and test the new navigation capability to my StoryMap, but once I activated it from the Design menu, the Unexpected error message appears and I'm not able to go in editing mode, anymore, neither for disabling the navigation function. The StoryMap is still accessible in view mode, but no way to edit it. Is this capability available for StoryMaps created earlier? and most important, how can I disable the navigation button in order to be able to modify my StoryMap?

arcgis storymaps‌

#Story Navigation

Many thanks, best

Elisabetta

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This also happened to me last week after the update. I'm sure Owen or one of the engineers will be in contact with you if they haven't already. It appears to be a bug that affects some users.

0 Kudos
ElisabettaMattioli
New Contributor II

Thank you very much Bryan, yes I was in touch with Aravind and he helped me out to solve the issue!

Thank you for asking

Elisabetta

Elisabetta Mattioli

GIS and Data Analyst

Project Manager

Esri Silver Partner Network

Microsoft Silver Certified Partner

Fiware Gold Partner

P.I. - C.F. 02982970549 – www.teamdev.it<http://www.teamdev.it/>

Legal head office: Via Settevalli, 320 – 06129 Perugia (PG) - Tel. 075 9724382 – Fax 075 63062111 map<http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Embed/index.html?webmap=e4f033dc7a7d44fb8bde6e7fafd962ac&extent=12.3355,43.0753,12.4174,43.1016&zoom=true&scale=true&disable_scroll=false&theme=light>

Operational headquarters: Tuscany | Albania

Ai sensi del Reg. Eu. 679/2016 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e a non inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie.

Pursuant to Reg. Eu. 679/2016, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you

0 Kudos
GeoffreyWard
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue. Unexpected error crashes the StoryMap 'edit' screen. I believe this occurred after toggling navigation panel on, though I never published that change. Any advice on the fix you can share? Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Geoff -- I'm sorry you've been affected by this issue. We're looking to deploy a patch today or tomorrow to address it. I'll update this thread once the patch is deployed.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
GeoffreyWard
New Contributor

Thanks Owen! 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The patch has been deployed. You should be able to open the broken stories in builder and not get the error anymore.

Owen Evans
UlucDegirmenci
New Contributor

Hey there, I haven't had any issues editing my storymap in the past couple of days, but today after refreshing the page my story crashed with an unexpected error, and now I can't even sign in to StoryMaps let alone editing my story. Would appreciate some help  

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello Uluc Degirmenci‌ -- I'm sorry you are having issues editing your story. Are you still having this issue logging in? If so, please try clearing your browsing data and cookies. If you are still unable to login please contact Esri Technical Support and they will be able to help you.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos