Edit Existing Survey123/Collector Record through Workforce

Jump to solution
09-18-2019 06:53 PM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

How can I edit an existing Survey123 or Collector record via the workforce app?

Every time I tap on the Survey at assignment or Collect at assignment option, it just creates a new record.  I have an existing point that I’d like the field user to update.  

Is this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason, this is not possible.  It is in our backlog to address but has not been assigned to a release.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason, this is not possible.  It is in our backlog to address but has not been assigned to a release.

JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

When does ESRI expect this ability to be available?

I'm working on a project to collect utility meter maintenance requests from field users via Survey123, then utilize Workforce to assign that work to others.  The plan is to have Supervisors use Workforce to assign the maintenance requests to crews.  The crew would utilize Workforce to get their work, note starting/stopping of the work, and would also edit the original maintenance request with either Survey123 or Collector (TBD) once the maintenance work is complete.  As it stands now, the user would have to select either "Survey at assignment" or "Collect at assignment", cancel the function of adding a new point/record, then tap on the existing point to modify the record.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason,

I don't have an update on the timeline for this, it is in our backlog, but we haven't assigned it to a release.  We have other work scheduled for Workforce that is ahead of this in the backlog.

Your summary of what a worker would need to do to support this correct and the workaround for the time being.

Craig

0 Kudos
BrianTruong
New Contributor II

Hi Craig,

Has there been any update on this feature yet on the workforce app? 

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
ChrisBerryman
New Contributor III

Craig has there been any movement on this?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

There has not. It is still in our backlog but has not been assigned to a release.

Craig

0 Kudos
ChrisBerryman
New Contributor III

Any estimate as to a timeline?

I am actively trying to build an integration between our OMS platform and ArcGIS Workforce and being able to send the user to an existing Survey record to view related information that sits in a table is a must. 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

I'd say the earliest will be Summer, 2023 and could even be Fall, 2023.  This work is dependent on Workforce moving into Field Maps.

Craig

MatthewC
New Contributor II

Has there been any update?

0 Kudos