AppStudio Survey123: Add Website?

09-18-2019 10:26 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello team,

Please see screenshot. I have an AppStudio 4.0 Desktop Edition with Survey123. Edit in QT creator. Is it possible to add website on survey123? For example, to click website icon or any suggestion and it takes you to web browser www.community.esri.com. Please advise. Thank you for your time and assistance.

cc: AppStudio for ArcGIS‌ cc: Survey123 for ArcGIS

#survey123#survey123_for_arcgis‌  #survey123 customization#customization#qml#appstudio qml#qt creator#appstudio 4.0#appstudio desktop

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KeithLarson1
MVP Alum

Hello,

I believe you can open the default browser on your device through QML by calling Qt.openUrlexternally(url) (https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-qt.html#openUrlExternally-method). You can just call this function on a click event of your website icon. As a side note, this function can also be used to open files by passing the path to the file and it will attempt to open the file with the default program. I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Keith,

Thank you for your reply. I searched thru "qt.openurlexternally" in qml survey123. There are so many. Do I choose one of those and replace it? is it like qt.openurlexternally(www.esri.com) or is it something else? Please correct me if i am wrong. I have little knowledge with this case. Thank you.

Alex

0 Kudos