AnsweredAssumed Answered

Metadata problem

Question asked by jborgion Champion on Sep 18, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 21, 2019 by curtvprice

I have a script that follows the description provided here:  How To: Delete geoprocessing history from a geodatabase and created my own function that deletes the gp history for tables.  It runs just fine, except on a few tables, I get an error at the point that imports the converted XML file.

If you are familiar with gp history in metadata, the only way to gt rid of it is to modify the original meta data xml and then re-import it.  I don't get an error when I create the xml and convert it, but when I try to import it my log tells me that the item does not exist.  I figured that means that the converted xlm does not exits, and when I look at my 'out file' directory, it's not there...

I'm not too worried about the situation except when I look at the description of the table in ArcCatlog 10.6.1, all that appears is:

When I edit the meta data in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 I receive a warning:

Which I interpret as Pro's way of saying what ArcCatalog tells me.

But when I try to use the Metadata Importer tool in ArcCatalog 10.6 with an existing metadata xml from another table it fails as well with:

The item was not found.
Failed to execute (MetadataImporter).

Which of course is the exact error I get from my script that executes the tool; that tells me the metadata in the egdb does not exist.

The question is, if I get the error as shown in either application, is there any way to create metadata for the given item?

Outcomes